Stories featured on this page:
- MON 7TH MAR (10.30AM): ITV and Channel 4 daytime Ukraine coverage scaled back
- MON 7TH MAR (2PM): Rabiya Choudhry’s idents get another week on ITV
- MON 7TH MAR (4.30PM): BBC makes news programme available to EBU members
- MON 7TH MAR (6PM): Fire alarm takes Sky News and Sky Sports News off the air
- MON 7TH MAR (10PM): Channel 5 airing special Ukraine ident in every junction
- TUE 8TH MAR (1PM): Special Channel 4 continuity to mark International Women’s Day
- TUE 8TH MAR (11.30PM): New flexible ident for BBC Three
- WED 9TH MAR (8PM): Prominent mention for EastEnders at the end of The One Show
- THU 10TH MAR (1PM): Security alert disrupts This Morning and Loose Women
- THU 10TH MAR (11PM): When BBC Northern Ireland’s The View met BBC Newsline
Monday 7th March
10.30am ITV and Channel 4 daytime Ukraine coverage scaled back
Looks as though there no hourly news summaries on ITV this morning. And Channel 4 has returned to a five-minute summary.
2pm Rabiya Choudhry’s idents get another week on ITV
As is now the norm each week, the 1.30pm junction on ITV saw us move on to another set of ITV Creates idents. For the next week, we’ll be seeing idents produced by Rabiya Choudhry. These were first aired in June 2019.
4.30pm BBC makes news programme available to EBU members
From today the BBC will make a daily half-hour news bulletin (broadcast at 8pm GMT) available free of charge to other broadcasters who are members of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).
Audiences will get the chance to watch Outside Source, normally presented by Ros Atkins, from Monday to Thursday, and a BBC News bulletin from Friday to Sunday. Given the current news agenda we expect the news to focus on Ukraine and related stories.
EXTERNAL LINK: BBC increases access to news on Ukraine and Russia.
6pm Fire alarm takes Sky News and Sky Sports News off the air
Normal programming was interrupted on Sky News and Sky Sports News this evening, due to a fire alarm at the Sky studios.
RELATED ARTICLE: Sky News and Sky Sports News taken off the air by fire alarm.
10pm Channel 5 airing special Ukraine ident in every junction
Channel 5 has been quietly expressing its solidarity with Ukraine by airing a special version of its ident in every junction.
The ident was first spotted by The Ident Gallery on Saturday evening.
Tuesday 8th March
1pm Special Channel 4 continuity to mark International Women’s Day
One of the special continuity announcements aired today on Channel 4 – #LetHerFinish:
11.30pm New flexible ident for BBC Three
A new, flexible addition to BBC Three’s ident set appeared this evening for the final of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK vs the World.
RELATED ARTICLE: Another new BBC Three ident debuts.
Wednesday 9th March
8pm Prominent mention for EastEnders at the end of The One Show
With it being such a big week for EastEnders, it’s perhaps understandable that BBC Marketing has deployed an additional tactic to try and retain as many viewers as possible, by inserting a prominent signposting of tonight’s episode at the end of The One Show.
Thursday 10th March
1pm Security alert disrupts This Morning and Loose Women
Today’s editions of This Morning and Loose Women were disrupted as a result of a security alert at White City.
RELATED ARTICLE: ITV daytime shows disrupted by security alert.
11pm When BBC Northern Ireland’s The View met BBC Newsline
A minor blunder at the start of tonight’s edition of The View, when the headline bed for BBC Newsline kicked in. And it proved a little tricky to get rid of.
RELATED ARTICLE: Timeline: 2022 Week 9.
RELATED ARTICLE: Timeline: 2022 Week 11.
PICTURED: Channel 5 ident. COPYRIGHT: Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd.