A five-year deal between Sky and the NFL has resulted in the league’s first partnership with an internal broadcaster to launch a channel dedicated to the sport. Sky Sports NFL goes live today, ahead of the 2020 season, which kicks off on 10th September.
Details about the new channel – first released by Sky on 14th August:
- A minimum of five live games each week.
- First-pick exclusive game on Sky Sports NFL in the 6pm and 9pm slot every Sunday.
- Football every Monday, Thursday and Sunday.
- NFL RedZone.
- Every minute of every playoff game, Pro Bowl and Super Bowl live.
- Flagship programming from NFL Network, including the popular Good Morning Football and Total Access shows.
- Award-winning documentaries and other content from NFL Films and NBC Sports.
- Brand new weekly shows to review the action and discuss the stories of the league, including original Sky Sports programming.
- Increased coverage across Sky Sports News, digital and social platforms.
“Sky Sports has been a fantastic broadcast partner for a quarter of a century. This new five-year agreement and the launch of a dedicated Sky Sports NFL channel will undoubtedly continue our rapid growth in the UK and Ireland. We are excited that our expanded partnership with Sky will provide even more NFL content to our millions of UK and Irish fans.”Roger Goodell, NFL commissioner
“We are proud of our quarter-century partnership with the NFL and are hugely excited about launching a dedicated channel which will be a first for the NFL with an international broadcaster. Sky Sports NFL will allow us to take our customers even closer to the sport.Stephen van Rooyen, chief executive officer, Sky UK & Europe
“Sky Sports has shown live NFL since 1995 and played a big role in growing the sport in the UK & Ireland over the last 25 years. Now, as part of Comcast, we are excited about taking our partnership to a whole new level. Our viewers are passionate sports fans and we look forward to capturing the drama of NFL for another five years.”
PICTURED: Sky Sports NFL logo. SUPPLIED BY: Online. COPYRIGHT: Sky plc.